badge

Monday, July 11, 2016

Write Tribe Challenge #1: Show Some Stray Love!


Join Us Here!

My Bad: I thought the contest starts today! :( My Bad, Apologies for joining late!

The Day's Post:

I love pets, especially dogs. I have a very alert and super friendly 
mongrel. These are well-known traits of this breed. I am a sincere fan of adopting stray dogs over buying toy dogs. Whenever I have dog-conversations with “elite” dog owners, I get a sleazy look because I have a mongrel at home! Seriously, I don’t understand what bothers them that I own a country pet/ mongrel that I adopted from a neighbor nearby. 


Image Source: Google
I love pets, especially dogs. I have a very alert and super friendly 

mongrel. These are well-known traits of this breed. I am a sincere fan of adopting stray dogs over buying toy dogs. Whenever I have dog-conversations with “elite” dog owners, I get a sleazy look because I have a mongrel at home! Seriously, I don’t understand what bothers them that I own a country pet/ mongrel that I adopted from a neighbour nearby. 

I have a mongrel who will be 5 this September. We adopted him when he was just 4 months old. My other pet was a Mongrel + Rajapalayam cross. She passed away when she was just 7 months old due to distemper. This incident has changed me a lot, over time. Many people consider barking street dogs as a disturbance. Nowadays, it is also becoming common to raise a complaint and be free of street dogs. One thing to remember here is that street dogs are “guardians of the street” if you know their value. Every street dog has it's right to live where it wills.

To all those “elite” crowds who think possessing a dog worth Rs. 25,000 or more is a matter of status, I am sorry to say, you have got it entirely wrong. Most people complain about stray dogs barking in the streets and how disturbing it is.  Do you know what actually happens on the streets some nights? Do you even have the slightest idea of how street-smart these pets are?

My mother feeds 2 to 3 stray pets every day. They are such sweet loyal beings who protect us. I have noticed they are so protective of their owners that they don’t let any person with wrong intentions come closer. All this just for feeding them once a day. Let me say here, I have more enemies in the street because every time the corporation guys come to pick up the dogs, we ask them to leave them here because they belong to us.

I agree at times I am annoyed by the barking in the middle of the night. These are times I stand by the window and watch what’s happening on the road and why the dog is barking. Almost 3 out of 4 times, it’s due to suspicious behaviour in the street. When we learn to respect the dog, the dog’s barking is more helpful than disturbing.

We human beings live in a stressed world, I don't like to call it a busy world. No person is too busy to stop and be kind to someone. A kind act is all it takes to make us real human. Help someone in need, that someone might be you, tomorrow!

Every dog is cute, it's the owner that matters more when it comes to a dog's behaviour! :)

10 comments:

  1. This was truly heartening to read. I do believe strays need a better treatment than what they are dealt with. Being mute, they cannot voice their thoughts but I agree they are far better friends than many humans. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Kala! :) I totally agree with you!

      Delete
  2. We've adopted many a stray over the years. Some have moved on, some have stayed as part of the family. It's an incredible experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes C.TdeF, the moments are to be cherished! :)

      Delete
  3. My brother had a deep fondness for dogs and I think I caught him from him. He would feed so many street dogs, take care of the puppies. He even took in one about to give birth. I distinctly remember how he took care of her until she gave birth to her puppies who would just stroll around and wag their tails the moment they saw my brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Sunaina! That's such a sweet one to share with me! Luckily, the deep fondness for pets has come from my parents! Till date, my dad takes in injured pets (dogs, birds), cares for them, and then lets them go their way! :)

      Delete
  4. People show such less compassion for street dogs in India, they are treated so badly but people spend lakhs for buying a good breed. Unfair!
    Regards
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Tina! Unfair is the right word!

      Delete
  5. Hats off to you, Jayanthy for doing your bit, (actually a LOT more than that!) for the stray dogs. It's sad to see how they are treated so badly by one and all. And people like you are making such a big difference. You are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Shilpa! <3 you made my day!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Appreciate your comments!! :)

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs