badge

Friday, July 15, 2016

WTFOW5: Day #5: Will I Quit Forever?

#FridayReflections

What’s a big mistake you made? What did you learn from it?



Pain is deep rooted in my heart,
Every step forward is difficult to take,
Problem after problem without solution,
I am in the middle of nowhere,
Is this life worth living?
I quit! 

Pain is the only word I have known,
Where is happiness in this life?
Don't I deserve it ever in this life?
Is this life worth living?
I quit!

I am not able to make both ends meet,
I fight everyday with my wife over money and status,
It's ages since I laughed or smiled with my kids,
I can't share what I feel or how I feel,
My feeling of worthlessness increases day by day even after working 9 hours a day,
Is this life worth living?
I quit!

Every side I turn I have debt,
Every work I attempt, ends in failure,
Is my presence in this earth a burden to all?
Is this life worth living?
I quit!

As the rope fails me while attempting suicide,
I look up to god and ask, won't you let me die too?
I can see my family surrounded by me crying and shouting for me to wake up,
Had I been worthless would they have cried?
Had I been a burden wouldn't they let me be?
What have I done?

Waking up from death bed isn't the easiest task,
But that's the farthest I could go,
I have made up my mind, in god I trust!
I decided to live which is tougher than death!


DEDICATION to all those who choose to live life after facing death before their eyes.
God wants you to live. 
Make a promise to God not to choose death during difficult times.

Join Us Here!

Linking with Sanch's Friday Reflections

Living my Imperfect Life



5 comments:

  1. That was awake up call to reawaken the passion for life. Strong words, beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficulties are meant for us to face and learn from, death is never a solution. Poignant and touching. Love the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poetry is good but a tad long...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! Appreciate your comments!! :)

Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs